As a student you might experience problems using Schoolyear in combination with a virus scanner. In this article we give you tips to solve blockages for the most common virus scanners.
What is the cause?
It is not unusual that virus scanners can go block installing or starting new or unknown applications such as Schoolyear. It always takes a while before a virus scanner recognises an application and includes it in the 'safe' whitelist worldwide.
What can you do?
Option 1: Temporarily deactivate the virus scanner
Try to restart Schoolyear while the virus scanner is turned off. Below you can read how to disable the virus scanner temporarily:
- Temporarily deactivate Kaspersky
- Temporarily deactivate Bitdefender
- Temporarily deactivate Norton Antivirus
- Temporarily deactivate Ziggo Safe Online (F-secure / DeepGuard)
Option 2: Set an exception rule
As an alternative, you can manually set an exception rule in the virus scanner for a specific program or a folder where the application is stored (file folder). With this rule, you might be able to unblock Schoolyear. The file folder of Schoolyear can be found via: C:\Program Files (x86)\Schoolyear.
Below you find information on how to manually set an exception:
- Set exception to Bitdefender
- Set exception to Kaspersky
- Set exception to Norton Antivirus
- Set exception to Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure / DeepGuard)
- Set exception to Windows (Microsoft app store)
- Set exception to Avira Antivirus
- Set exception to McAfee
Option 3: Important! Report it to the customer service
Contact the virus scanners' customer service in order to get the Schoolyear application added to a global whitelist of known applications. The more often students report their issue, the higher the chance that the virus scanner approves Schoolyear quicker as a known application.
Below you find a direct link to the customer service of the most used virus scanners in the Netherlands:
- Customer service Kaspersky
- Customer service Bitdefender
- Customer service Norton Antivirus
- Customer service Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure / DeepGuard)
- Customer Service Avira Antivirus
- Customer Service McAfee
Is your virus scanner not in the list?
Are you using another virus scanner and experiencing problems with Schoolyear? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.