Laptops in Windows S mode cannot install applications. That makes Windows S unsuitable to use Schoolyear. To use Schoolyear you first need to switch off the Windows S mode. The step-by-step guide concerns Windows 10 S mode. For instructions about Windows 11 or the most recent Windows instructions, view This page
- In Windows, navigate to 'Settings'. You will find the settings by clicking the Windows logo in the left bottom corner and then navigate to the cogwheel icon.
- Choose 'Update and Security' and select 'Activation'. In this window, click 'Go to the Windows Store'.
- In the Windows Store, choose 'Download'. Windows will ask you to log in with your Windows account if you do not already have one. Do you not have an account yet? Create one and sign in with your new account.
- Windows 10 will start downloading immediately. Windows 10 Home will open after the download and installation are complete.
- Your laptop is now in Windows 10 Home mode. Now try again if Schoolyear is working by doing the device check again.
- In case you still face problems after following the previous steps please contact your educational institute.