The device check describes how you can check if your laptop works properly in combination with Schoolyear.
Make sure before you start:
- that all documents are saved. When you start the exam, all running applications wil be closed automatically.
- that you have permission to download applications on your computer.
- that you have your login details available.
Please note: you can only perform the laptop check a limited number of times per week.
- Open a browser which is supported by Schoolyear (see minimal computer requirements).
- Navigate to check.schoolyear.app. Enter your email address and click 'Login'. On the next page enter your institution account password.
- Click 'Download Schoolyear' to download the software. Do you use a Windows device and did you already install Schoolyear before? Then updating takes place automatically. For macOS a autoupdate feature is not available yet. Download the software takes place for each Schoolyear session.
- After downloading, the downloaded file is visible in the lower left corner of the screen. Install Schoolyear by double click the file. Give permission to install the application. Then return to the browser. Do you us a macOS computer? Then the order of steps 3 -5 may differ slightly from the steps as described here.
- You will see a warning screen appear. Make sure you have saved all open programs and documents. Click 'I understand' to continue.
- You are now logged out of Windows. When you log back in Windows, the Schoolyear secure environment will start immediately. Do you use a macOS computer? Then you will not log out but get redirected to step 7.
- When you open the secure Schoolyear environment you will be directed to the check page. The checks per item are done automatically. Afterwards you will automatically proceed to the exam. Did you get an error message at one of the items that prevents you from continuing? Take a picture of the message and ask your institution's IT department for help.
- Go through the steps. If you see the following page it means that Schoolyear has successfully started! Your laptop is suitable to use for digital testing with Schoolyear. Click 'Exit' in the lower right corner to close the application.
You will be logged out of Schoolyear again. When you log back in to Windows you will be taken to your desktop. On macOS you will be taken directly to your desktop. You can resume your work.
Did you succeed?
Was the laptop check successful? That's good, because this means that your computer is ready for taking an exam with Schoolyear.
Were you not able to finish the laptop check successfully? Check the instructions of solving device issues to solve the most frequent laptop issues. Ask the IT department / student service point of your institute for help if you don't manage to get your issue fixed.