To take an exam with Schoolyear, you need to install the application of Schoolyear on your computer. You can install Schoolyear via the Device check or by starting a real exam from your educations testing application.
Do you want to check if Schoolyear is installed on your computer before your exam? Then follow the steps below for Windows or MacOS.
Note: these steps are only to check if Schoolyear is installed on your computer. If you want to make sure you can successfully use Schoolyear on your computer, then perform a Device check.
- Does the device check pass? Then you can use your laptop for tests with Schoolyear!
- Does the device check fail? Then follow these instructions to solve the most common problems or ask your institution's IT service point for help.
- Open your explorer and search for "Schoolyear".
- Open the Schoolyear app. You will now see a pop-up that you have successfully installed Schoolyear.
- Do you want to be sure that Schoolyear also starts up on your computer and that there are no problems with, for example, a virus scanner? Then perform a Laptop Check via: check.schoolyear.app or by clicking on the button in the pop-up.
- Open the Finder on your computer and search for "Schoolyear Exams". The application will likely be found in your downloads folder.
- Tip: Use command + spacebar to quickly search for "Schoolyear Exams".
- You can click on the application to open Schoolyear. Schoolyear will now start. After a while of loading, the Authentication check will fail. This is expected, since Schoolyear will automatically launch by performing a device check or be starting an exam from your test application.
- Are you preparing for an exam? Then perform a Laptop Check via: check.schoolyear.app to make sure your laptop is suitable for an exam with Schoolyear.