Most computers are compatible to take an exam with Schoolyear. There are a few minimum requirements that a computer (or laptop) has to meet.
Minimum computer requirements
- Operating system: Schoolyear is suitable for laptops with Windows 10+ (Home / Pro) or macOS 10.13+ operating system. Windows 11 is also included. Schoolyear is not compatible with Chromebooks (Chrome OS), iPads/tablets and computers with a Linux operating system.
- Hardware: There are no specific requirements for the type of brand hardware.
- Storage capacity: To use Schoolyear you need at least 300MB of free storage.
- Working memory (RAM): To run the program you need at least 4GB of working memory (RAM).
- Supported browsers: Schoolyear is compatible with all major browsers such as Chrome, Edge and Firefox. The Safari browser is not supported at this time.
Requirements per operating system
|Computer requirements||Windows (x86/64)||Mac|
|Operating system||Windows 10 or higher||MacOS 10.13 or higher|
|Minimal free storage||300MB||300MB|
|Working memory (RAM)||4GB||4GB|
|Supported browsers||Chrome, Edge, Firefox||Chrome, Edge, Firefox|
Does my computer meet the minimum computer requirements?
Click here to check whether your computer meets the minimum computer requirements.
Does your computer not meet the minimum computer requirements? Then consult with your educational institution about a possible solution. Probably you will be able to use one of the institution's computers during your exam.